topiramate high

How to Easily and Radically Change your Life in 2011

by Steve Prager on December 28, 2010

HOW TO EASILY AND RADICALLY CHANGE YOUR LIFE IN 2011

Believe it. ONE small action on your part has the power to RADICALLY change your life in 2011.

In one year, you can be a lot more like the person you’ve always wanted to be.

This step will cost you Nothing….zilch….nada.

It’s easy to do, and doesn’t involve dieting, joining some 12-step program, or buying a gym membership. You can leave the sweat pants in the bottom of the closet.

And yet,… this ONE small action will have an enormous and immediate benefit –for you and your family.

ONE SMALL STEP,…ONE GIANT LEAP

In 2011, this one small step will:

Automatically make you less depressed – and give you a greater shot at finding the happiness that comes from an ‘untroubled mind’.

Save you enough money to buy a round-trip ticket to the Caribbean – or enough cash to finance your dream, right at home.

Give you back (on average) 30+ hours a WEEK. That’s 1/6th of every day- enough time to write that novel or screenplay you’ve been putting off.

Make you smarter than your neighbors- unless you spend all the extra time sleeping!

DID I MENTION THAT IT WAS PAINFUL?

I said the Radical step was easy, and it is. It’s easy TO DO. No special creams or deep knee bends.

But it was tough ON me at first – almost painful.

Like anything else though, I got over it. And the results are just what I’ve promised you. I’ve jumped in and the water is fine!

I don’t ever want to go back to the way things were,…

BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE

Sounds like a bad infomercial doesn’t it?

But wait, there’s more,.. (if you call right now).

Taking the one, small, radical step will give you clarity, peace of mind and some time to smell the roses.

Time to get acquainted with that person inside with the SONG still in them. Time to make a plan and start.do.now. Even time to enjoy the results!

JUST PICK UP THAT PHONE

Intrigued? Ready to take some action?

Just pick up that phone……..

And call the cable company and cancel your TV subscription. All of it.

Or rip the dish off the side of the house,..shoot the TV,..call Goodwill and schedule a pick up,..whatever it takes.

I mean it. We’re going cold turkey here.

NO TV for 2011.

(Don’t worry- the withdrawal symptoms only last a month or so)

SOME FINAL THOUGHTS

Full disclosure-we do watch a DVD movie now and then (via our Wal-Mart DVD player) on our otherwise blank set. I have watched TV at a friend’s house and when we stayed in a hotel on our DC trip…but it’s nothing like before. No monthly cable bill. No depressing 24 hour news. No mind numbing ‘Dancing with the Twits’.

Over Christmas, my daughter let me know about all the hip TV shows I’m missing. For a moment, I regretted the big radical step.  Maybe I was wrong about getting so horribly out of step with the rest of the world?

Then I remembered that in the last 5 months, I’ve used my new found freedom to:

Start a blog…StartDoNow.com

Finish my reference book

Film YouTube videos to use as marketing for an upcoming guitar instruction website, EasyGuitarJazz.com

Design my own T shirt- online

Record a song I wrote

Create a line of retro prints and T shirts that will be launched this year via Café Press

Go walking more (no sweat pants though!)

SO……….

What do you think? Am I crazy?

Have you tried to get rid of the one eyed monster before?

Good question: What are you willing to give up to find time for your life?

{ 13 comments… read them below or add one }

Jim Scarle December 28, 2010 at 3:33 am

Got that one licked already, except for about a half -hour of CNN daily. I get the point though, Steve. Happy New Year!

Steve Prager December 28, 2010 at 6:08 pm

Jim,

Great to hear from you. I was telling a friend about you today! Looking forward to seeing some writing from you this year!

Happy New Year!

Robin December 28, 2010 at 9:22 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Steve Prager December 28, 2010 at 6:07 pm

Robin,

Come on! Try it for one week :)

Robin December 28, 2010 at 8:35 pm

HEll NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Jan Jackson December 28, 2010 at 10:29 am

You are right on except – smile – you can do the same thing by buying the $12 a month cable package and then only turn it on if there is something really good. You better find a friend to visit tonight for the 9 pm Kennedy Center CBS special with Haggard’s old buddies Willie Nelson and Kris Kristofferson performing his songs and Vince Gill, Kid Rock, Jamey Johnson, and Sheryl Crow joining in. That said, I love your blog – smile again./jj

Steve Prager December 28, 2010 at 6:02 pm

Jan, appreciate your comment and your honesty. Good stuff about OPB. I’ve played a lot of the old Merle tunes.

Trouble is,..I’m an addict and I know I’ll end up watching 4 hours of ‘news’ shows every night and never get anything done!

Kevin Peterson December 28, 2010 at 11:28 am

Frankly, I find television viewing to be a wonderful way to put my mind ‘on hold’. If I canceled the cable service I would have too much time on my hands (insert Styx tune here) and in my mind.
Resort to doing? I’ll think about it.

Steve Prager December 28, 2010 at 6:00 pm

Kevin, appreciate your comment and your honesty!

I’m too much of a TV addict myself……..it had to ALL go!

Mark Powers December 28, 2010 at 4:28 pm

I couldn’t agree more, Steve! Nothing chews up potentially productive time moreso than the boobtube. With the exception of a small TV in my teaching studio (to show students instructional video snippets), I haven’t owned a television in over 17 years. But I somehow still seem to know about all of the popular shows, hear about the news and find ways to be entertained. DO IT . . . cancel the cable, sell the TV, get outside, get active, start getting $#!* done!

Thanks for a great post, dude!

Steve Prager December 28, 2010 at 6:07 pm

Mark, Thanks! I’m with you! Life is too short and too precious to waste.

I’ve spent enough hours watching TV that I’ll never get back.

You make a good point about the news too…..I’m able to stay (fairly) current, but with minimal time invested.

Life is for dream living!

Travis December 29, 2010 at 2:20 pm

Nice Steve – Good move. There’s been a SIGNIFICANT dumbing down on the boob (REALITY TEEVEE…WTF?) We all have choices about what we bring into our homes, brains, bodies and this is a GREAT target for elimination! You realize the corporate masters will not be pleased…how will you know what to consume, drive, wear, think? I’m impressed! Also impressed w/ your new banner…is that a four fret stretch because my hand became sore looking at it… -T

Steve Prager December 30, 2010 at 7:24 am

Travis,..thanks! Didn’t my friend Mark do a great job on that banner!

You’re right,..we always have a choice! I need to choose better food next :)